Maui Eco Retreat is a hidden gem located on the beautiful island of Maui, Hawaii. Nestled in the lush Huelo Valley, this retreat offers guests the opportunity to reconnect with nature and discover a sustainable way of living.
The retreat is set on a 20-acre organic farm and offers a variety of accommodations, including private yurts, eco-tents, and tree houses. The yurts and eco-tents offer stunning views of the surrounding valley and are equipped with comfortable furnishings and solar-powered electricity. The tree houses are a unique and adventurous option, providing guests with a secluded and intimate experience with nature.
Maui Eco Retreat is committed to living sustainably and has implemented a number of environmentally friendly practices on the property. The retreat uses solar power for electricity and hot water, grows its own fruits and vegetables in the organic farm, and encourages guests to reduce their use of water and energy.
The retreat is also the perfect place to explore and experience the natural beauty of Maui. Guests can take a dip in the nearby swimming holes, hike through the scenic Huelo Valley, or explore the nearby waterfalls.
One of the main highlights of Maui Eco Retreat is their educational and permaculture activities for visitors. Visitors can learn about sustainable farming practices, natural building techniques and even food and drink preparation using locally sourced materials.
If you’re looking for a unique and eco-friendly vacation experience, look no further than Maui Eco Retreat. This beautiful property offers a secluded and intimate setting that is perfect for those looking to reconnect with nature and discover.
Pros and Cons Review
As an eco-conscious traveler who has stayed at Maui Eco Retreat, I can offer my perspective on the pros and cons of this retreat, as well as some alternative eco-friendly accommodation options.
- Sustainability: Maui Eco Retreat is committed to sustainability and offers guests the opportunity to experience a sustainable way of living. The retreat uses solar power, rainwater catchment, and organic gardening practices, among other sustainable initiatives.
- Location: The retreat is located in the lush Huelo Valley, surrounded by beautiful natural scenery and away from the crowds of tourist areas.
- Tranquility: The retreat offers a peaceful and tranquil environment for guests to relax and recharge.
- Activities: The retreat offers a variety of eco-tourism activities, such as hiking, yoga, and meditation classes.
- Accessibility: Maui Eco Retreat is located in a remote area, which can make it difficult to access for some travelers.
- Limited amenities: The retreat has limited amenities, such as no air conditioning, which may not be suitable for some travelers.
- Price: The retreat can be quite expensive, making it inaccessible for budget-conscious travelers.
- Lumeria Maui: This eco-friendly boutique hotel in Makawao offers sustainable accommodations and a variety of wellness and eco-tourism activities.
- Hana Oceanfront Cottages: These eco-friendly cottages in Hana offer sustainable accommodations and stunning ocean views.
- Waianuhea Bed & Breakfast: This eco-friendly bed and breakfast on the Big Island offers sustainable accommodations and breathtaking views of the surrounding natural beauty.
In conclusion, Maui Eco Retreat offers a unique and sustainable experience for eco-conscious travelers seeking a peaceful and tranquil environment. However, the retreat’s remote location, limited amenities, and high prices may not be suitable for all travelers. Fortunately, there are several alternative eco-friendly accommodation options in Hawaii that offer sustainable accommodations and a variety of eco-tourism activities. By choosing eco-friendly accommodation options, we can support responsible travel practices and help protect Hawaii’s natural beauty for future generations.