74-425 Kealakehe Pkwy #16, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, United States
Ocean Eco Tours is a Kailua-Kona, Hawaii tour company that offers unique experiences and tours of the Hawaiian islands. These includes kayaking tours, snorkeling tours and whale watching trips. Visitors can also take up sailing lessons and come try out the surf for themselves!
The company has grown immensely, having expanded its tours to Maui, Lanai and the Big Island of Hawaii.
Ocean Eco Tours is a small family-owned business that prides itself on customer service, safety and quality at affordable rates.
A tour company that takes groups on eco-friendly tours of Hawaii’s Big Island. They offer activities such as snorkeling, kayaking, and the use of a Kiawe grill. Great cultural Tours Hawaii!
Hawaii is home to many breathtaking natural wonders. This island paradise offers visitors a chance to explore the outdoors and experience the rich culture of the Hawaiian people.
Pros Cons and Alternatives
- Unique Experience: Ocean eco tours offer a unique and immersive way to explore Hawaii’s marine life and natural environment.
- Educational: Eco tours provide educational opportunities for guests to learn about marine conservation and sustainable practices.
- Support for Local Conservation: Many ocean eco tours in Hawaii support local conservation efforts, such as reef restoration and beach cleanups, which can make a positive impact on the environment and local communities.
- Environmental Impact: While eco tours aim to minimize their impact on the environment, there may still be some disturbance to marine life and ecosystems.
- Weather-Dependent: Eco tours are weather-dependent and may be canceled or rescheduled due to inclement weather, which can be inconvenient for travelers on a tight schedule.
- Cost: Eco tours can be more expensive compared to other activities in Hawaii, which may not be feasible for all travelers.
- Hiking and Nature Walks: Hawaii has many hiking and nature walk options that offer an opportunity to explore the natural environment on land.
- Cultural Tours: Cultural tours provide an opportunity to learn about Hawaii’s rich history and traditions while supporting local communities.
- Wildlife Viewing: Watching marine life from a distance, such as from a lookout or beach, can be a sustainable and cost-effective alternative to eco tours.
Overall, ocean eco tours in Hawaii offer a unique and educational experience for travelers while supporting local conservation efforts. However, they may have some environmental impact and can be weather-dependent and costly. Alternatives such as hiking, cultural tours, and wildlife viewing can provide similar opportunities to explore Hawaii’s natural beauty while minimizing environmental impact and being more cost-effective.
Video: Whale Watching tour with Ocean Eco Tours (Hawaii Big Island)
My Wife and I have been on our 25-year trip. We signed up to do a whale watching tour. Rob asked us to combine with another tour and my wife made a joke. She said sure if you bring a pineapple. When your group was visiting the local islands, Rob made sure to share with you his local expertise and history. He knew something about everything and he went out of his way by spending time talking to each one of you. Because of this, he ran out around 3 hours after the tour was expected to be over.